Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adventures in daycare....

First, I just want to say YAY, I actually have a couple of followers! :)

Second, I would like to apologize in advance for the randomness that will probably be this blog. Every single one of my 10 personalities has ADD so trying to keep up with all the jumbled thoughts in my head is near impossible. But I try, and usually fail miserably, but that's beside the point. This isn't about me, it's about Briana......

Anyway, since I'm a single mom and all, my kid goes to a daycare that is wonderfully close to my house. I'm extremely happy with this place and am so glad I decided to change daycares. Briana doesn't cry when I drop her off at this one, nor does she cry when I pick her up. In fact, one day, she didn't want to leave at all and a meltdown ensued when I tried to get her out the door and to the car. This makes me extremely happy. Which may seem weird that a meltdown makes me happy, but it does. She was NOT happy at her old daycare so not wanting to leave this one is a huge improvement!

A little background to lead up to this story first. I think that Briana has some seasonal summer allergies, so I give her Zyrtec in the mornings on the days that it's nice enough that I think she will be going outside at daycare. She tends to cough a little, get a stuffy/runny nose.

On to the story, on the way to daycare yesterday, or school as we call it, she coughs a little and gets all sad (in that pathetic way that kids do) and says she needs her medicine. I tell her that she won't need it since it's cold outside and she probably won't get to play outside today. So we get to school, I sign her in, hang her coat in her cubby, then take her to her classroom. I stoop down to give her a hug and a kiss and she coughs a little. She then leans up against me and gets all sad and pathetic again and says "Mommy, I don't feel good" then looks at me with her little puppy dog eyes. Heart wrenching, right? Not so much. I've seen her schtick before. So I just tell her that I think she'll live and ask for a kiss. As she's giving me a kiss, her BFF Paygan comes in. So she gives me a quick kiss and then rushes over to play with Paygan. So much for being sick! LOL!

I just love her sometimes!

1 comment: